Its bummer that buttermilk doesn’t get much noticed in most other culinary traditions. However, whether it is crazy hot summer or winter we have come up with countless ways to make this cooling beverage a dedicated part of our daily diet in India. Buttermilk is an outcome of butter from milk; it is one of the most loved summer drinks of India. It helps to maintain digestive health and boost the immune system. Buttermilk is the best form to get probiotic into our body. Very less people know that buttermilk is a coolant and healthy nutritious drink and light on the stomach. You can also try applying it externally to benefit from its healing properties, yes you heard it correct. It is beneficial for skin and hair by exfoliating and healing properties of buttermilk. It can bring back the lost sheen on your skin. Here’s How Buttermilk Makes your Skin and Hair Glow
#1. Buttermilk for Hair
- Buttermilk helps to keep cleanse your scalp leaving it feeling clean and fresh.
- It brings a significant change in the texture of your hair.
- If you add buttermilk in your daily hair care routine it will help you fight dandruff and dryness.
- It will help nourish your hair and replenish all essential nutrients, because buttermilk consists protein.
#2. Buttermilk for Skin
- Buttermilk is enhanced with lactic acid, ideal for solving any skin-related issues.
- It is an excellent bleaching agent
- It helps solving skin problems like discoloration, spots, etc.
- Mixing it with ingredients to exfoliate your skin
- Buttermilk cleanses skin and makes it softer. It also tightens age spots and tightens skin.
#3. How Buttermilk Makes your Skin and Hair Glow:
1. It is an anti- dandruff and natural conditioner remedy:
It has all the protein it had in milk before I was cultured. You can combine buttermilk with lemon juice and apply it on your scalp to condition your hair and also to get rid of dandruff. After doing this wait for an hour and wash your hairs.
2. To have a natural and firm skin:
As most beauty products contain lactic acid, buttermilk contains lactic acid too. It not only works good as a cleanser but also works great if its combined with oatmeal powder or fuller’s earth clay works as a great pack. Apply it on your face and let it dry. When you start applying regularly, it will reduce spots and wrinkles and lighten your skin tone.
3. An affordable way to straight your hair:
If you don’t have time to go to parlor or don’t wish to spend a lot of money, still wish to have soft straightened hair. Then churn the plain curd and prepare buttermilk. For natural hair straightener you need to combine coconut milk with buttermilk. Blend buttermilk and coconut milk in 2:1 ratio. Then apply while your hair is dry and let it settle for at least 2 hours and then wash your hair.
4. Buttermilk acts as natural skin cleanser:
There is no need to blend buttermilk or add little olive oil if you like to. Wipe your face by taking a cotton ball. This mixture will perfectly remove all the impurities leaving our skin glowing and healthy. This optional another way is you can use rose water drops with the buttermilk. When you apply make sure you allow at least 15 mins to work its magic on your face and then later you can wash it off.